Cajun Popcorn Shrimp fresh from Fishy Joe’s…well as fresh as Fishy Joe’s gets.This item pays tribute to the Futurama crew’s discovery of the newest fast food favorite, but the story quickly takes a turn for the horrific when they realize they’ve been harvesting young Omicronians.
We used this Cajun style Popcorn Shrimp recipe to recreate an Omicronian-free Poppler. Guests not seafood fans? Substitute chicken for shrimp.
1 lb shrimp/chicken
1 cup Flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
½ tsp salt
1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
1 cup cornmeal/bread crumbs
1½ tbsp Chipotle powder
¼ cup Honey
- In a large bowl combine Flour, Chipotle powder, and Salt and pepper.
- Mix in Chicken/Shrimp
- Mix in egg and honey
- Mix in cornmeal/breadcrumbs
- Heat oil and drop in Chicken/Shrimp piece by piece
- Fry in batches, continually stirring until golden brown
- Place Chicken/Shrimp on paper towel to drain excess oil