Ciliegine Mozzarella Marinated in Garlic and Herb Olive Oil
1 bulb Garlic
1 – 3 Tsp Olive Oil (for roasting garlic)
1 cup Olive Oil
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp thyme (dried)
1 tbsp oregano (dried)
1 tbsp rosemary (dried)
1 tsp red pepper flakes
Fresh Pepper (to taste)
Sea Salt (to taste)
1 lb. Ciliegine Mozzarella
- Roast Garlic – remove the outer papery layers, cut ¼ inch of the top of the bulb, pour olive oil over exposed area, and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until soft.
- When garlic has cooled squeeze cloves into a liquid measuring cup and mash with a fork
- Add Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar and mix well
- Stir in herbs (thyme, oregano, rosemary, red pepper, salt, and pepper)
- Drain Mozzarella and place in Tupperware container and top with oil mixture
Store in refrigerator for 2 – 24 hours, occasionally shaking the container.
Allow to get to room temperature before serving.