It started out as just a normal day. Monica and Phoebe were waxing their legs in what was supposed to be a pain-free experience while Joey and Chandler were confident that their advice would solve all of Ross’ problems and everything would go back to normal. Then the fight started. This was it, the end of an era, the end of Ross and Rachel. For Monica, Chandler, and Joey it was a test of their survival skills, trapped in Monica’s bedroom with no sustenance but the organic Waxine.
It is from this classic friends moment that we got our inspiration for Waxine Cheese Fondue.
1 garlic clove, halved
1 1/4 cups milk
2 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
8 ounces grated Fontina cheese
8 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons dry white wine
- Rub the inside of a heavy saucepan and fondue pot with cut side of garlic. Discard garlic
- Pour 1 1/4 cups milk into the saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in 8 ounces grated Parmesan cheese, 8 ounces grated Fontina cheese and 2 ounces grated mozzarella cheese until melted and smooth.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 3 tablespoons dry white wine until smooth. While constantly stirring, slowly pour wine mixture into cheese mixture and continue to cook until thickened
- Transfer to a fondue pot to keep warm.
Serve with Bread, veggies, and meats for dipping.
We chose to serve our fondue with three kinds of potatoes as a nod to the first Friends Thanksgiving episode when the gang demands Monica make 3 different potato dishes to mirror their own family traditions. Tater tots work great, but mashed potatoes isn’t the best party food so we improvised a bit. Finally we settled on buying frozen tater tots, sweet potato fries, and making home-baked potato chips.
Home Baked Potato Chips
3 large White Potatoes
2 sprigs fresh Rosemary
Preheat oven to 400
1. Chop Rosemary
2. Wash potatoes, slice thinly, and toss with Olive Oil until evenly coated
3. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet
4. Sprinkle Rosemary, salt, and pepper
Bake for 15-20 mins